[vlc] Bugs

list at scttransport.dk list at scttransport.dk
Thu Apr 21 16:39:54 CEST 2005

Hello

Some recent bugs with playlist

I have

Svn 0.8.2 from 20th april

Windows xp sp2 centrino 1.9ghz 512mb ram

1: When u startup vlc and have shoutcast service discovery enabled, it start
auto playing a playlist entry which is annoying. This behavior wasn't
present in the svn only a few days ago (maybe a week)

2: When browsing the playlist, the shoutcast meta-data update (or whatever
its called, it's the thing that sends currently playing song every 10secs or
so) it jumps the current selection to the playing stream upon meta update,
which makes it very hard to browse true the list, because the current "view"
keeps jumping up to the currently playing entry.

3: Not a bug but. when listening to shoutcast radio ,title, genre and now
playing is showed under ctrl+I stream info. But the amount of listeners and
the bitrate appears to be available as info if u look at a none playing
entry in the playlist, having this information transferred to the stream
info window would be nice, especially the bitrate.

4: Also as most note the performance of the playlist is still far from
optimal. Opening the playlist window while its empty, and then trying to get
a shoutcast playlist to load still takes forever in windows. And removing
the playlist takes an equal redicoulous period of time.

5: As is also known, the current sorting/addition of shoutcast streams are
silly, every station is added three times each. Which only increases the
waiting time for bug 4, and also looks confusing to a user.

I know 4 and 5 are known, but just wanted to make sure everyone knew about
them, so maybe somebody could look into it if they had the time.

Best regards

Thanks to everyone helping making vlc the best

And especially thanks to Sigmund for granting my wish for a shoutcast parser
:-)

Best regards

Jonas Larsen