[vlc] Failed to play files transcoded by mp4v codec encapsulated with asf, mp4 mpeg ps in wmv10~~

boku boku0712 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:38:09 CEST 2005

Dear all,
    As titled, don't know where the problem is since i checked out the
vlc-streaming features and found it should okay by encapsulating mp4v
into asf, mp4, or even mpeg ps.  The command i use is as follows:
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=512,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ps,url="D:\Project\Test\VideoSequence\VQEG\vlc_gen\truempg_mp4v_ps_512.mpg"}}
I can't even play the transcoded output file in VLC encapsulated by
MPEG PS or MPEG 1.

Another question is: I found that there are "MPEG 1" selection in
encap. method?  What kind of this encap. method is?  Or what's the
difference among MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS and MPEG-1?

Thanks a lot!~
Best Wishes,