[vlc] DVD (VIDEO_TS/?.VOB) playback sound issue

Oscar Van Vliet ovvldc at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 23:39:46 CEST 2005

Dear VideoLan developers,

I have recently been using VLC to play back a collection of short films
taken from various DVDs. I am using VLC 0.8.1 on a 12" iBook G4 800 Mhz
with OS X 10.3.9. The DVDs are all home-burned by various media
artists.

In some cases I lost the sound. I can't really pin it down, but I found
they will play the sound if I use the DVD and feed it into Apple's DVD
player application.

If you need one or two shorts to demonstrate the effect or for
debugging I would be happy to put them up for transfer somewhere.

Best wishes,
 Oscar