[vlc] Re: Bug report ?

Royer Julien Julien.Royer at nagra.fr
Thu Aug 18 15:27:05 CEST 2005

Hello every one,

Thanks for the job you're doing in vlc developpement.

I'm using vlc media player 0.8.3-svn 2005 07 01 (WinCE interface) on my pocket PC DELL Axim x50V.

I need to play a video (broadcasted) using a Wifi connection on my pocket PC through UDP protocol (the "VLC video server" v0.8.2 is on a PC under windows).

It works really fine when I'm using an unicast adress on the server (using the IP adress of my pocket PC) but it doesn't work anymore when I'm using a multicast adress (like 224.0.0.5). I can only see some images of the video or I can hear the audio (only) if I "disable" the video...

I'm sure I've already read something about this problem on a mailing list but I can't find it... Do you have any informations or plans about this "multicast" problem?

Thanks again for your great job.

Julien.

--
This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please