[vlc] Screen adjustment (color and position)

Vincent Yau vkwyau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:29:40 CET 2005

Dear All:

I just setup vlc to stream TV captured from my TV capture
card over my network.  It works out great.
Before I have VLC, I have been using MythTV to capture TV programs
for me.

With vlc, I was able to watch TV on another box via Window Media Player.
However, something really odd happened (and consistent as well).

When watching the streaming TV, the color is overly blue (and not enough red
and yellow).
Also, the entire screen is shifted slightly to the top and wraps around (the
missing part) at
the bottom.

Then, I notice that when I have MythTV scheduled to record the TV, my vlc TV
stream
would self adjust itself on both the coloring and the position.  The
position will return
to no wrapping over the top and to its right 1/1 aspect ratio position.  The
coloring also return
to normal (or as well as can be expected).  It would be great that if I can
get
such a stream on starting my window media player to watch the stream (and
not have
to kick MythTV to record something so my screen can self adjust).

Any clue or pointer much appreciated.  What I don't understand is why MythTV
capture
would adjust my vlc streaming to its correct mode....I am using a bttv based
capture card.
My vlc server streaming command is:

 vlc v4l:/dev/video0
":sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,acodec=mp3}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:8080}"
-vvv

thanks in advance for any help!

-vincent