[vlc] problem reading wmv

Jeremy Monnet jmonnet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:25:17 CET 2005

Hello,

I am trying to read to vmw's from
http://assemblee-nationale.fr/seance/questions-differe.asp
For example in vlc I open stream > http/https/ftp/mms, I enter the url
mms://wmt-vod.event.oleane.net/assemblee/wmv/051214.wmv (first video
link)

Vlc starts reading, but after 8 seconds it freezes, consumes all cpu,
and nothing more happens. I've tried it under windows (v8.2 and 8.4)
and linux (v8.4).

Is it a problem with the videos themselves, or is it a bug of vlc ? I
wanted to use vlc to read
http://assemblee-nationale.fr/seance/seancedirect.asp and re-encode it
with free codec on-the-fly for the eucd problem in France :-) .

Any help will be greatly appreciate. Thanks !

Jeremy
--
Linux Registered User #317862
Linux From Scratch Registered User #16571