[vlc] Re: stream picture:

Herbert Reyes hreys at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 21:02:33 CET 2005

I believe the problem is transcoding the data Ben,
  What do you recoment ?  Like I said before I can play the DVD movie direct from the PC, but since I have the Plextor TV402U Convert connect to the pc and the external DVD player connected to the TV Convert. I click on the tab DIRECTSHOW and gives me a bunch of settings I have no I dea what configurations I have to set it for.

  I will try my best  not to get you sonfused
  The task is to capture this video DIRECTSHOW  I see that screen come up but no picture ...   I am not sure if is not decoding or what because the TV Convert should be able to convert signal right.

  Are you familiar with this TV convert.? I need to know what do I have to configure when I hit DIRECTSHOW.

  I thanks you a gain for trying to help me with this ISSUE.

  Goose
Benjamin Pracht <bigben+spam at videolan.org> wrote:
  Le lundi 19 décembre 2005 à 10:47 -0800, Herbert Reyes a écrit :
> Hello guys:
>
> I have a few issues here I am trying to capture video using the
> following devices.
> I have a Plextor TV convert attach to the pc and I connected an
> external DVD player to the TV Convert when I try to stream movie I
> click directshow and select the device I get a Green screen no
> picture.When I click to see message its stated that
> Late picture skipped or out range or debug... I am able to play the
> movie if I try direct from the pc.
> Any help I appreciate.

You mean playback of the data from the directshow device works in VLC,
but you cannot stream this data ?

In that case, are you sure you are transcoding the input data before
streaming it ? You cannot stream raw data...

--
BigBen

http://mail.yahoo.com