[vlc] VLC Timecode/Presentation Timestamp

Dunsti dunsti at vol.at
Tue Dec 27 23:19:27 CET 2005

Hi,
i have captured a MPEG2-TS Stream from my DVB-Card with VLC. If I opne the
file with VLC, the Status Bar says: "0:00:00 / 0:00:00", but if I open thy
same file, for example with mplayer I get the exact timecode, why doesn't
VLC displays this timecode?

I have also tried to capture with MPEG2-PS, similar problem --> the timecode
ist not correct, but there si one, calculating, jumping tu a specific time
doesn't work.

I need this timecode information for streming only special content of the
stream, for example beginning by 10 minutes (--start-time) and stopping by
30minutes (--stop-time), but this is only working if the stream has a
correct timecode.

regards dunsti