[vlc] Control VLC File Capture From stream source

Evan Wellens evanw at videobankdigital.com
Tue Dec 27 19:01:42 CET 2005

         I currently have a requirement for a project that vlc capture a
mpeg 2 transport stream and save it to a local file. The problem is the
user needs to be able send commands to start / stop and change the file
destinations at will via our software. I wanted to use command line , but
it seems there is no way to stop vlc running in this mode programmatically.
Then I attempted to use the the HTTP interface but that doesn't support
setting the SOUT ( it would seem that either I'm doing something wrong or
this is a bug as clicking the sout button after editing it's corresponding
values constantly errors out ) .

         Anyone with any ideas on how I can achieve this either via command
line or programmatic http control I'd be most grateful as I've spent days
on this with no luck.

Thanks

Evan Wellens