[vlc] Re: How to save full help of Command Line

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Thu Feb 3 19:39:33 CET 2005

> vlc --longhelp --advanced > fullhelp.txt
> it does not redirect output because it pops up another command window
> (which cannot contains all the help).

Well, that's a real pain, indeed

> Any idea?
> Is there a place maybe on videolan.org with the complete help for
> vlc-0.8.1 ?
Just added a page to the wiki with the output of vlc --longhelp
--advanced. (obtained via cygwin by Markfm)
http://wiki.videolan.org/index.php/VLC_command-line_help

> PS=How can i change the help language? Although my interface is in
> english, my help is in italian, English is better! :-)

On a linux box LANG=en vlc --help does it.
Don't know if there are sonething similar on win.

--
Xtophe