[vlc] Streaming to AirTunes

James Burns jfburns at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 17:30:42 CET 2005

Hello all,

I was wondering what it would take to stream from VLC to an AirPort
Express. It seems that the question has been asked before with either
no answer or odd answers such as streaming in HTTP to iTunes which
then forward to AirTunes. With an open source implementation in
JustePort it seems that it shouldn't be that hard to add an output or
make modifications to an output type to support AirTunes, something
which would be bring greater functionality and probably publicity. Is
there a short answer about why this isn't done / being done and what
it would take to do it?

-James
--
"We are friends with those whose ideas are at the same level of
confusion as our own." - Proust