[vlc] Where can I find v0.8.2 for FC3?

Bret Schuhmacher bret at welcometolazyhill.com
Tue Feb 8 23:17:55 CET 2005

I know I'm coming late to the party, but I'm trying to configure FC3, a
Hauppauge PVR 350 and vlc v0.8.1.  I have live video http streaming
flawlessly, but I cannot get sound.  I've read the forums and there appears
to be an incompatibility with the PVR 350 and v0.8.1.  Apparently v0.8.2
fixes this. See http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=853.

There's a link in that thread to the nightly builds at
http://vthr.via.ecp.fr/~videolan/build/sid, but those are Debian "deb"
packages... are they similar to RPM format?  Short of building from scratch,
which I'm loathe to do due to all the interdependencies in the umpteen libs
required, does anyone have an RPM for v0.8.2?  Sorry, I know I'm being lazy,
but it's really more workload-induced than anything else :-(.

I appreciate any pointers anyone can provide (even a, "hey, I have live
video streaming over http with sound and a PVR 350" message).

Thanks in advance!!

Bret