[vlc] Re: Playback of raw PCM audio / Real-time muxing

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Feb 17 14:55:47 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 07:36:31AM -0600, Mitchell Mebane wrote:

> Sigmund Augdal wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 09:51:26PM -0600, Mitchell Mebane wrote:
> >

> >>Hi there,
> >>
> >>I have a project where I need to be able to take a network audio stream
> >>and save it to disk while playing it. After looking at several
> >>solutions, I believe VLC is currently the best suited to my needs.
> >>

> >Which protocol are used here? If it is rtp then you need a .sdp file for
> >vlc
> >to play this source. if the mjpeg also is in rtp then you can write one sdp
> >for both and vlc should be able to mux them.
> >
> >Sigmund
> >

> It's http. I'm capturing from a server built in to a security camera, so
> there's probably no way I can change that.
>
> They way it works is the camera provides two CGI scripts. GetData.cgi
> gives me the MJPEG stream, and GetAudioData.cgi?Format=Pcm gives the
> audio stream. I can also get ADPCM audio, which I haven't tried with VLC
> yet.
If it's in http, with no header then vlc currently can't know what the data
is, so you'll have to hack the sources in order to play it. I actually think
it would be very hard, if at all possible, to automatically detect and play
such a stream. If you could help a bit more, what is the mime-type of the
stream?

Sigmund

--
Sigmund Augdal