[vlc] Re: Playback of raw PCM audio / Real-time muxing

mmebane mmebane at mail.ev1.net
Thu Feb 17 16:07:59 CET 2005

From: Sigmund Augdal <sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:55:47 +0100

>On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 07:36:31AM -0600, Mitchell Mebane wrote:
>>

>> Sigmund Augdal wrote:

>> >Which protocol are used here? If it is rtp then you need a
.sdp file for
>> >vlc
>> >to play this source. if the mjpeg also is in rtp then you can
write one sdp
>> >for both and vlc should be able to mux them.
>> >
>> >Sigmund
>> >

>> It's http. I'm capturing from a server built in to a security
camera, so
>> there's probably no way I can change that.
>>
>> They way it works is the camera provides two CGI scripts.
GetData.cgi
>> gives me the MJPEG stream, and GetAudioData.cgi?Format=Pcm
gives the
>> audio stream. I can also get ADPCM audio, which I haven't tried
with VLC
>> yet.
>If it's in http, with no header then vlc currently can't know
what the data
>is, so you'll have to hack the sources in order to play it. I
actually think
>it would be very hard, if at all possible, to automatically
detect and play
>such a stream. If you could help a bit more, what is the
mime-type of the
>stream?
>
>Sigmund

The camera is sending it as text/plain.

Chapter 4 of the Play how-to says "VLC should be able to recognize
the file type. If it does not, you can force demultiplexer and
decoder (see below)." However, I don't see any documentation on this.

Another possible solution is for me to use two Sipura devices for
the audio. Can VLC capture SIP data?

--Mitchell

http://www.videolan.org/support/lists.html

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net