[vlc] Re: Query on VideoLan

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Tue Feb 22 22:48:40 CET 2005

Gautham wrote:

>Hello
>I'm Gautham & we're developing a video security solution for surveillance.
>We're using TI's media processor DM642. I'd like to know if there's any
>framework available in VideoLan project on Embedded GUI? I'd like to know
>specifically if
>1. any widget/graphic libraries are available?

The most popular choices are: Familiar Linux uses GTK2+ and GNOME and Qt
embedded toolkit, but there are
many more toolkits available (FLTK, WxWidgets, etc.)

>2. any tool to write embedded graphics are available.

For graphics you could use GIMP.

>Let me know. Thanx in advance for the help.

In the end it comes down to how much space do you have available for a
graphics toolkit and how much effort do you want to spent on creating a
rootfilesystem with graphic capabilities. I suggest you have a look at
Open Embedded (http://www.openembedded.org/) for a jump start in
creating an embedded target environment.

Many greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman
Embedded software engineer
http://www.m2x.nl