[vlc] Re: Experience with AMD64 and linux ?

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sun Feb 27 22:38:44 CET 2005

Well the problem is this. There are more than likely MANY 32-isms in
VLC itself as well as in any of it's many libraries that it uses for
various tasks. VLC developers have so far not looked into this, mostly
for the reason that i know of no active developer that runs in native
64 bit mode.

So a developer with a 64 bit machine and some knowledge of porting to
such platforms probably has to lay some of the groundwork for this to
be able to work.

DJ

On 25 feb 2005, at 20:18, Philippe Van Hecke wrote:
> Hello
> Does some of you have experience with vlc on AMD64 and linux ?
> I have compiled svn from today.
> I have no problem with video but seem that have some sound issue.
> with faad decoder

---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)