[vlc] Re: Experience with AMD64 and linux ?

Philippe Van Hecke philippe.vanhecke at belnet.be
Mon Feb 28 08:34:15 CET 2005

On Sunday 27 February 2005 22:38, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> Well the problem is this. There are more than likely MANY 32-isms in
> VLC itself as well as in any of it's many libraries that it uses for
> various tasks. VLC developers have so far not looked into this, mostly
> for the reason that i know of no active developer that runs in native
> 64 bit mode.
>
> So a developer with a 64 bit machine and some knowledge of porting to
> such platforms probably has to lay some of the groundwork for this to
> be able to work.
>
> DJ
>
> On 25 feb 2005, at 20:18, Philippe Van Hecke wrote:
> > Hello
> > Does some of you have experience with vlc on AMD64 and linux ?
> > I have compiled svn from today.
> > I have no problem with video but seem that have some sound issue.
> > with faad decoder

Hi DJ,

Thanks for your advice. I finaly get vlc running with faad decoder on amd64.
The problem was in faad2 library itself. There is some mix (32bits ,64 bits)
in header about integer value.  I find a patch on the gentoo bugzilla. After
applied it the problem was solved. And also just to say that most of
functionnality that use of VLC work fine on amd64.

Thanks to VLC develloper for this very good software.

Philippe.