[vlc] Re: Development software

Rémi Denis-Courmont Remi.Denis-Courmont at via.ecp.fr
Wed Jan 5 10:53:57 CET 2005

Le Lundi 3 Janvier 2005 19:23, Angie Herzog a écrit :
> I am a sales rep for Insight.  My customer asked if I could get a
> price for VLC Development Software.  I was given part number OEM PDK.

> Is this the correct part number and how much is a license?  I am not
> familair with this product so any information you could provide would
> be very helpfull.

VLC is free software, and is released under the GNU General Public
License (GPL). You can pay for it if you want to, but it is available
for free from our website's download section.

If you redistribute it, whether for a fee or not, you have to comply
with the terms of GPL license. That essentially means you don't
misreprensent the authorship of the program and you provide your
customers with a way to obtain the program's source code. If you didn't
modify the program, giving a link to our website will be sufficient.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
Student-engineer at the Ecole Centrale Paris