[vlc] VLC Plugin Javascript variables

George Bray listoid1 at linkalarm.com
Fri Jan 7 01:10:33 CET 2005

Gday,

VLC 0.8.1 on XP in Firefox 1.0 with the plugin works great showing
multiple UDP streams in the browser. (Thanks for the great doco).

I'd like to build a page for monitoring UDP streams and want to delve
further into the variables that may be available with
get_[str|int|bool]_variable(var_name).  Is there a list of variables
anywhere?  I found this but am not sure if it's current or relevant to
the JS interface:

http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/doc/doxygen/html/globals.html

Also, am I calling it correctly?

onclick=alert(document.video2.get_int_variable("DEMUX_GET_FPS"))>Quiz</
a>

My aim is to determine when the input stream goes away. This can't be
determined visually, as the last frame of the stream is left showing
when the source has stopped. Internally, what's the best var to use, or
can I set a setting to NOT show the last received frame?

If all this is too much for the unsupported, development status of the
plugin that's OK.  Just trying to push the barrier.

thanks 1e6,

George