[vlc] Re: need help with a project

Lewey Taylor admin at triparish.net
Wed Jan 12 17:11:04 CET 2005

> Well, as I guess that asking your users to install VLC's mozilla plugin
> isn't an option, I see 2 options:
>
> - Stream using MMSH as an access and ASFH as a mux, and use Windows
>   Media Player's IE Plugin to display the video

Sorry for the delayed reply.  Thanks so much for your help.  We decided
to go with MMSH.  We are transcoding in mpeg4 back to our noc and then
rebroadcasting with mms embedded in a webpage.  Works great!!!!

I have some other questions.  I have seen reference to vlc running as a
daemon but can't find switches in longhelp or google. Can this be done
so we can use daemontools to supervise?

Also I see you can add logo and text but can't seem to get it working.
Not sure where to put it in the command.  Can someone offer an example
of this?

Thanks again,
Lewey