[vlc] Re: need help with a project

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Wed Jan 12 17:26:47 CET 2005

> I have some other questions.  I have seen reference to vlc running as a
> daemon but can't find switches in longhelp or google. Can this be done
> so we can use daemontools to supervise?

Under Win ? I believe there are a ntservice interface. ( vlc -I ntservice )

> Also I see you can add logo and text but can't seem to get it working.
> Not sure where to put it in the command.  Can someone offer an example
> of this?

You have to add sfilter to your transcode chain.
Some thing like vlc -vvv --color -I http --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=900,acodec=mpga,ab=64,sfilter=logo}:standard{
access=udp,mux=ts,url=239.x.x.x}' --logo-file="/home/nx/logo.png"
--logo-x=10 --logo-y=10 --ttl 12

--
Xtophe