[vlc] Re: lost sound

rod jones jonesrf1 at qwest.net
Wed Jan 12 22:25:13 CET 2005

I use vlc 0.7.2(wxWindows interface) automatically isntalled by FC3; It
worked great! After I installed a new kernel from kernel.org (2.6.7) the
sound quit working. I get a lot of messages re "looking for" and the a
lot of "audio output is starving ... playing silence" messaages.

The video comes through fine but the audio is jerky and hardly
decipherable. I have no idea which of the many options I might tweak.

Any ideas? I am used to installing new kernels and a variety of software
but know very little about sound. The new kernel has all of the modules
loaded but still no sound?

I can play mp3 with mpg123 with no problems.