[vlc] Re: Streaming with subtitle track

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Jan 19 02:05:41 CET 2005

On 18 jan 2005, at 18:03, Benjamin PRACHT wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2005, Etienne Bernard wrote :
>> <cut>
>> By the way, do someone know how to multiplex a subtitle track into an
>> avi file ? I tried with spumux, but with no success.
>>

> AFAIK, avi doesn't support spu tracks. You should remux your file to
> ogm
> or mkv.

Though it cannot contain spu tracks, you can 'mux' them into your avi.
avimux for instance does this.
It's not truly muxing though, it's more like 'attaching the subtitle
files inside the container'

it's non standard and not really useful either.

DJ

---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)