[vlc] sap problems under linux

clemens kurtenbach moqua at kurtenba.ch
Sun Jul 10 22:23:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

im running vlc under debian sarge on my ibook.
I try to get the tv working but there are a few problems:

If i look for the modules i have i get..

[ck at ibook:ck] vlc -l | grep sap
VLC media player 0.8.2-svn Janus
   sap                   SAP announces
   sap                   SDP file parser for UDP

.. so the modules seem to be there. But then..

[ck at ibook:ck] vlc --extraintf sap
VLC media player 0.8.2-svn Janus
[00000244] main interface error: no interface module matched "sap,none"
[00000244] main interface error: no suitable intf module
[00000001] main vlc error: interface "sap,none" initialization failed

.. this. With tcpdump i can see that there are no packets send to the net.

Any hints what could be the problem ?

Greets,
clee