[vlc] Re: [Mazlum Alptekin <mazlum at alptekin.de>] Problems with creating a scalable window (for a new VLC-skin)

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Sun Jul 10 16:12:03 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005, System administration wrote:
> In the topic "Attributes common to all the controls" you can find:
>
> "lefttop
> Indicate to which corner of the Layout the top-left-hand corner of this
> control is attached, in case of resizing. Possible values are 'lefttop',
> 'leftbottom', 'righttop' and 'rightbottom'.
> Default value: lefttop"
>
> But I don't know how to use it for the window. Can you help me by giving
> me some advice, translating it into German or explaining the topic more
> exactly. I've added the image sothat you can see how the bug looks like.

The window control itself does not have the lefttop nor rightbottom
attributes. But if you plan to resize this window, all the controls it
contains must set these parameters to a correct value.

Example: if you want to have an image stay at the bottom of the window,
its Image tag should contain the following parameters:
lefttop="leftbottom" rightbottom="rightbottom"
Since both the top-left-hand and the bottom-right-hand corners are
attached to the bottom of the window, the whole control will move
accordingly, and will not be resized vertically at all. But it will
still resize horizontally with the window.

For a "real world" example, you should have a look at how the default
skin handles the resizing of the playlist window.

Hope it helps,
--
Ipkiss