[vlc] VLC dshow audio problems

Christopher Stanton cs at geo.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 28 19:18:01 CEST 2005

Windows XP
VLC 0.8.2

I can create a TS mpg4/mpga stream from a webcam using either the
webcam's mic or the mic port on the computer. Both video and audio sound
good on the client pulling the HTTP stream.

But, when I try to use a video camera conencted to a firewire port, the
audio from the mic port has tons of repetitive noise.
dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Microsoft DV Camera and VCR" :dshow-adev="Inter(r)
Integrated Audio" :dshot-size="" :no-dshow-config :no-dshow-tuner

The output stream is:
MPEG TS
mp4v
mpga

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this problem?

thanks,
Christopher