[vlc] Bug report

Vasil Nokhrin personbil at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 21:47:58 CEST 2005

I got the idea that you have alot to do, so i'm gonna skip the formality.

System information:
Win XP pro swedish, all latest updates, version 2002 (from properties of
This Computer)
  hardware:
motherboard: asus p4p800 deluxe
CPU: intel pentium 4, northwood, 3,2 GHz
graphics card: asus v9950 deluxe (geforce 5900Ultra)
sound card: creative audigy 2
RAM: 2 X 512 MB, 400 MHz
system drive: 2 X 36GB WD raptor, s-ata, 0-raid

  drivers:
graphics card: latest asus gpu driver (v71.89), latest asus enhanced driver
(v1.16), webcam driver (v2.03), all three from www.asus.com, and GART driver
from the bundled CD:
   *  Product: Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility
   *  Release: Production Version
   *  Version: 5.0.1.1015
   *  Target Chipset#: Intel(R) 82865 G/PE/P, Intel(R) 82875P
   *  Date: April 22, 2003

VLC version:
0.8.2, latest at the time this is written

Error description:
When I was about to see a videofile with VLC it the picture was all jumpy,
but the sound was unaffected. With jumpy I mean it like skipped every second
frame or changed places on every pair of frames (like 2143 instead of 1234).
This I noticed did not go away after restarting player or my computer. I
then tried to play it with WMP and it worked fine.
This problem appeared after I installed the latest drivers for my graphics
card. When I played it in WMP I noticed a logo appearing and then fading in
the right upper corner of my screen. The logo says something like: Splendid
vedeo enhancement technology by ASUS. The logo appears with both  media
players.
The problem I have been having with VLC covers all .avi videofiles I have
played. I have only been able to reproduce this problem with .avi and .wmv
files, but I've tried with .mpg and .mpeg files. However, there are some
exceptions to this problem: sometimes after playing a videofile in WMP it
can play normally in VLC (although I'm not sure that there is a connection
there), and the problem accurs in arout 7 out of 8 times I play an .avi file
with VLC.
The codecs of the videofiles are mostly XviD, but same thing happened when I
tried with a DIV3 codec file (codec name from VLC media properties).
I have reset the settings in VLC and I have tried to reinstall, both without
results.
I have also tried to insert a next videofile into the playlist after a
working one, but it has no effect.

I have searched for this problem in the forum with no results.

This is all that I can think of, if you encounter any lack of details just
e-mail me at this adress:
personbil at hotmail.com

-Vasil