[vlc] Re: vlc 0.8.1, Unichrome Pro, no video

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Thu Jun 2 12:47:24 CEST 2005

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:13:18 +0100, Dermot McGahon <dermot at dspsrv.com>
wrote:

>>> Try and let vlc pick the chroma. If the logs indicate it is still
>>> falling back to x11, we'll start debugging the video output code.
>> I get the "BadMatch" error mentioned above.

Tim,

I've looked into this a bit more and if you are using 0.8.1
then this is more than likely the bug you are encountering.

Either compile the development version or wait for 0.8.2 which
is about to be released.

You should also be able to use --xvideo-chroma YUY2 as a
temporary workaround.

We will look into making the fourcc handling better - try
the parameter as provided and on failure try uppercase.

Dermot.