[vlc] Re: distribution authorization VLC

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at via.ecp.fr
Mon Jun 6 13:41:56 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005, BEZY , Emmanuel wrote:
> My name is Emmanuel Bezy, i'm journalist at Future France, a french
> subsidiary of FUTURE PUBLISHING LTD
> i am in charge of software multimedia selection and testing at
> future france, having tested VLC recently, i would like to
> have it included in our next monthly free cover CD provided with our
> magazine. I would like to get a written permission from yourself to do so.

VLC (and all other VideoLAN software) is licensed under the terms of the
GNU GPL license. You are thus free to distribute, modify or copy this
software as long as you comply with those licensing terms. Basically,
that means do what is stated in the FAQ :
http://videolan.org/doc/faq/en/index.html#id289320

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have concerning VLC.

Regards,

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea

PS : We would greatly appreciate if you could send a copy of your
magazine for our archives to : VideoLAN, 2 Av Sully Prudhomme, 92290
Chatenay Malabry