[vlc] Re: resiliency to network problems

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Tue Jun 7 15:40:49 CEST 2005

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:11:34 +0100, Cian Cullinan
<cian.cullinan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will streaming over a UDP based protocol solve this (I cannot test
> this myself at the moment so apologies for having to ask), RTSP in
> particular (I'd rather use a "pull" method than a "push" one)?

Hi Cian,

VLC reading MPEG-2 transport stream over UDP/multicast. If the source
stops for any reason, the player displays the last frame and blocks on
the socket.

When the source starts again VLC just starts playing again. Other protocol
combinations might also work this way.

Dermot.