[vlc] Using VLC for international DVDs (osx)

steve wagoner marsonist at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 12:35:05 CEST 2005

I have had VLC installed on my Mac Mini for a few days
to help me play my out of region DVDs. At some point,
however, it has just stopped working. It will still
play DVDs from my Region, but when trying to play an
international movie a screen fails to appear and the
pause button after 1 second returns to play.

I have disabled the autostarting DVDs with the Apple
DVD player and tried a couple of other things with no
success. Any thoughts?