[vlc] Re: Select input ports for RTSP (SETUP message)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jun 14 09:41:54 CEST 2005

>I would like to know if there is any way of setting the input ports that
>VLC will use for receiving an stream trough an unicast RTSP.
>
>I mean, when VLC connects to (for example) "rtsp://server.es/live.sdp"
>then the server finds the stream which is an unicast stream and answers
>OK. After that, VLC sends a SETUP rtsp message with the ports it is going
>to use for receiving this stream (audio and video) as the "Client_Ports" field.
>
>My question is, if there is anyway of setting this "Client_Port" in the
>SETUP message to a specific one (firewalls issues).

The "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" libraries - which VLC uses to implement
client RTSP - has a way to doing this; however, the module
("livedotcom.cpp") that interfaces to these libraries does not currently
use this mechanism.

If you wanted to do this, you would need to modify "livedotcom.cpp" to call
         sub->setClientPortNum(desiredPortNum);
just before the call to
         sub->initiate();

	Ross Finlayson