[vlc] Error during installation of vlc on FC3

santosy at iitk.ac.in santosy at iitk.ac.in
Fri Mar 4 15:05:44 CET 2005

I have installed FC3 on a Pentium 3 machine have 128 RAM. I have visited
the link   http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-fedora.html
and downloaded the following file
    vlc-binary.tar.gz
    videolan-client-0.8.1-1.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm

Firstly I tried the rpm version but it gives eroor about dependencies.
so i go for vlc-binary.tar.gz. but here also i got the same error message.
to overcome it i have installed vlc-binary.tar.gz file using command
        rpm -U vlc-binary.tar.gz --force --nodeps
               so now It is installed on my system but it is giving error

"VLC media player 0.8.1 Janus
 libhal.c 644 : Error connecting to system bus: Failed to connect to
socket   /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory"

plz help me regarding this thanking you
santosh yadav