[vlc] VLC: click on cursor means THAT point, not any {in|dec}crement

Andrea Balex vuelleci at wildcard.it
Sat Mar 5 16:21:05 CET 2005

Hi,
	I use VLC Media Player version 0.8.1 for Windows,
on Windows XP platform.
Like all previous versions, seek operations are not friendly...  :-)

I mean:
when playing a movie or video, on the bottom there is the
navigation bar with the cursor, moving from left to right.
That's ok.
But if I click on a point on the navigation bar, I'd like
to go there, to THAT point (that is, to THAT time).
Instead, VLC simply moves cursor towards that point, moving
it in a fixed step.  It does not reach the clicked point
exactly, simply moves cursor towards it.  Cursors movements,
in such way, are always made of fixed steps (cursor moves
for a fixed amount of playing time).
If I want to reach a certain point exactly, I have to
drag the cursor and drop on that point.
In such way it works.

I think, and feel, that a "Windows Media Player" behaviour (!!!)
would be better: Windows Media Player, in fact, let me click
on a point, and it moves navigation cursor on that point,
precisely, regardless of where the cursor was before my click.

This is a much more friendly behaviour.

For future releases, I'd suggest you to implement such
behaviour.
Would it be possible?

Thank you a lot.
Regards,