[vlc] Re: [vlc-devel] Can VLC work with a hardware decoder on a PC

list at scttransport.dk list at scttransport.dk
Wed Mar 16 16:47:11 CET 2005

As far as I know, vlc cant use hardware based decorder cards under any OS,
so if u mean if vlc can utilize your board for playing mpeg2 the answer it
no. If you just wanna play an mpeg2 stream/file vlc can do it without any
special hardware, assuming ur cpu/system is powerfull enough.

Hope this helps

Jonas Larsen

I have a  decoder borad on my PC, can I use it with VLC to play

MPEG-2 transport stream ?

The board can handle mpeg-2 decoding, I don't know how to make it

work with VLC. or I should ask where can I lookg for a plug in so it can be
able ?

driver for the board is rm8400.sys (sigma designs MPEG decoder)

thanks

John

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?