[vlc] Error Message

donrob05 donrob05 at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 16 15:27:16 CET 2005

Hi:  I frequently, but not always, get an error message saying "main:
no suitable decoder module for fourcc `WMV3'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `WMV3'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `WMV3'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

What is particularly confusing is that this message came when I
attempted to to open the Windows Media Sample.wmn file which came with
the player.

Using a Mac G-5,  10.3.8, 1.6 Ghz, 768 SDRAM.

Any thoughts ?

DonRob