[vlc] VLM using RTP?

Philippe De Neve Philippe.deneve at intec.ugent.be
Thu Mar 17 15:00:16 CET 2005

Hi VLC users and developers,

I am using vlc as vlm to do VOD. I can request a videosequence without
problems. But when I looked at the packets I noticed that a lot of packets
are fragmented? This is should be avoided at all times!
I'v set the muxer to ts  with "mux (mp2t)" but this doesn't seem to change
much!
Could it be this is caused by the fact that I am Streaming a High Definition
File (1280*720)?

When I use VLC it does stream using TS packets in RTP. When I try RAW the
messages state that RTP and UDP are only valid with TS! No other muxers can
be used? However on the site http://www.videolan.org/streaming/features.html
I find that TS can not be used with RTP (it is even given as example:"
Example: PS muxing can only be done when you write to HTTP or files, and
when you want to use UDP, you can only mux in TS or as RAW")?

My questions in fact are:
1) How can I stream using VLM as VOD with TS over RTP or UDP?

2) regarding TS in RTP: Is there an error on your page or am I interpreting
this wrong?

Regards, Philippe.