[vlc] Re: VLM using RTP?

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sun Mar 27 22:55:57 CEST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005, Philippe De Neve wrote :

> When I use VLC it does stream using TS packets in RTP. When I try RAW the
> messages state that RTP and UDP are only valid with TS! No other muxers can
> be used? However on the site http://www.videolan.org/streaming/features.html
> I find that TS can not be used with RTP (it is even given as example:"
> Example: PS muxing can only be done when you write to HTTP or files, and
> when you want to use UDP, you can only mux in TS or as RAW")?
>
> My questions in fact are:
> 1) How can I stream using VLM as VOD with TS over RTP or UDP?

The think is VLC features 2 rtp modules. The legacy one (using the
standard sout module and access=rtp) shouldn't be used anymore. You
should use the rtp sout module, which allows raw and ts over rtp (ts
over rtp is quite new and untested using this module though).

I guess you tried with the old one. The standard module should be used
for ts over udp

--
BigBen