[vlc] Re: Subtitles not working with MPEG2 (works fine with AVI)

Olof Olsson olof at docio.com
Thu Mar 17 23:45:53 CET 2005

All,

> *** Problem ***
> Subtitles do not display when viewing MPEG2 files. A "sub-original-fps
does
> not exist" error is also displayed.

Got no replies on this one, which seems a bit strange since a number of
people seem to have encountered this issue. :-)

Could someone in the know confirm that this is a well known bug or
limitation of VLC?

Also, are there any other MPEG-2 streaming solutions that I should consider
that run on MacOS X? (Given that I want subtitles to work.)

Many thanks,

    --Olof

Ps. VLC is an awesome product in all other respects!