[vlc] More about VLM

jonas Larsen jonas at firewall.scttransport.dk
Mon Mar 21 11:41:28 CET 2005

I also have a desire to manualy edit the VLM data file (the file u can load
and save that holds ur entries) in notepad it dont work cuz it seems to use
unix newline chars. If I open it up in wordpad it looks fine and I can save
it, but after saving vlc refuses to load the file. When working with
file.diz files (from bulletin boards and ftp's) u often have the same issue
with windows not beig able to display it properly, but if u convert it to
windows format with word or wordpad it still looks fine on unix. But vlc
seems to be more picky, it rfuses to laod the file after it have bene
edited.

So my question is: Is there a utility for windows that will let me edit the
txt file and still being able to load it in vlc?

If not I think the vlm implementation should be fixed to not be so strict
regarding the data file.

Best regards
Jonas Larsen