[vlc] Re: obtaining time from a ts file

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 23 04:06:06 CET 2005

Thanks -- it was the other file-oriented encapsulations that have the header
info which leads to a file duration (ASF, AVI, MOV,...).

I have to admit, WMP does a pretty quick start up, so the read-EOF mechanism
doesn't seem half bad for MPEG PS, differencing between the last PTS and the
first.  What's the downside?  Do some files have PTS that gets weird,
discontinuities?

Thanks again.