[vlc] VLC-iMac sound problems

Bill West bkwest5 at earthlink.net
Sun May 1 16:00:29 CEST 2005

I recently downloaded VLC media player 0.8.1 on my G4 iMac running OSX
10.3.9 (soon to be 10.4, hopefully).

I'm experiencing a sound problem, and I haven't found a similar problem
on the forums.

When I try to play a DVD (for example, The Beatles Anthology), I get
sound at the very beginning, but when I click on "Play" on chapters one
or two, I get no sound and the following error message:

main: couldn't find a filter for the first part of the conversion
main: couldn't set an input pipeline

When I click on "Chapters," I get music, but the following error
message:

main: picture to date 0x218998c has invalid status 6
main: picture to display 0x218998c has invalid status 6
main: picture 0x218998c refcount is -1

If I click on one of the chapters, I get video but no sound.

Thanks for any solutions!
Bill West