[vlc] vlc-0.8.1 crashes when trying to play DVDs

Robin Cosby robin at cosby.demon.co.uk
Fri May 13 11:33:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

VLC-0.8.1 is installed from source on my Pentium-4 PC, running Debian
GNU/Linux with kernel version 2.6.9.
My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV Out.

The program works well with audio discs and files, as well as with video
files, but crashes whenever I try to play a DVD.

I'll be most grateful for any help in resolving this problem and am
appending the following:

*    the output produced by the command "vlc -vvvv";
*    the output generated by the Debug Logging interface; and
*    the backtrace produced by gdb from the dumped core file.

Many thanks in advance,

Robin Cosby