[vlc] Re: vlc-0.8.1 crashes when trying to switch interface

Robin Cosby robin at cosby.demon.co.uk
Fri May 13 12:04:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

VLC-0.8.1 is installed from source on my Pentium-4 PC, running Debian
GNU/Linux with kernel version 2.6.9. My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce2
MX with TV Out.

When I try to switch the interface from wxwindows to skins2, the program
crashes; although I can get the skins2 interface by using the command
"vlc -I skins2".   From there, however,  I can't switch  to the
wxwindows interface.

I'll be most grateful for any help in resolving this problem and am
appending the following:

*    the output produced by the command "vlc -vvvv";
*    the output generated by the Debug Logging interface; and
*    the backtrace produced by gdb from the dumped core file.

Many thanks in advance,

Robin Cosby