[vlc] Re: [bit band <bitband at gmail.com>] VLC RTSP RTP support

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon May 16 20:11:21 CEST 2005

>I'm trying to use VLC as a rtsp movie streaming client for mpg movies
>for our (bitband.com) VoD Server.
>I'm experiencing anomalies (time delays, macro blocks etc).
>
>Our movie server stream using RTP over RTSP

As I noted last week:
-----
There is a known (but still undebugged) problem with RTCP timestamp
handling when receiving RTP streams over the RTSP TCP connection.  (You're
the second person to report this.)  I need to investigate this, to figure
out if the bug is in the LIVE.COM libraries (most likely), or in the VLC
proper.  Stay tuned...

In the meantime, I suggest fixing your firewall to pass UDP packets, so
that you can receive the stream over UDP, as God intended :-)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>