[vlc] Re: no suiteable intf module

johnny yu johnny__yu at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 23:30:43 CEST 2005

Dermot,

>>vlc -I rc --rc-unix=~/socket.vlc --dspdev /dev/dsp [00000211] rc
>>interface warning: fd 0 is not a TTY
>>[00000211] main interface warning: no interface module matching "rc"
>
>I see this behaviour also, but have worked around it by using
>a seperate config file. In my case, I wanted one vlc to use the
>rc-socket and one not.
>Does it help is the second socket has a different name?

i decided to take another crack at this and was looking in the command line
help to see if there was any options that i overlooked.  I ran vlc with -H
and noticed there was a mentioned of the --advanced option which says it
shows advanced options.  when i ran vlc -H --advanced I notice see extra
options for the remote control interface:

Remote control interface
      --rc-show-pos, --no-rc-show-pos
                                 Show stream position (default disabled)
      --rc-fake-tty, --no-rc-fake-tty
                                 Fake TTY (default disabled)
      --rc-unix <string>         UNIX socket command input
      --rc-host <string>         TCP command input
      --rc-extend, --no-rc-extend
                                 Extended help (default disabled)

i tried the --rc-fake-tty and lo and behold, i get the rc interface where as
without it i got the error i described above.  problem solved!

johnny