[vlc] Re: Pocket PC Install

James MacLean macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Tue May 17 10:43:03 CEST 2005

Gildas Bazin wrote:

>On Tuesday 17 May 2005 01:35, James MacLean wrote:
>

>>Hi folks,
>>
>>Maybe I should know this, but I'm just playing with a Dell Axim x5 and
>>wanted to see if the latest Pocket PC (
>>http://vthr.via.ecp.fr/~videolan/  ) nightly build would run  on it.
>>I've tried putting the files under "My Documents", "/Program Files/VLC",
>>and some under /Windows.
>>
>>It keeps saying some files/libs may be missing.
>>

>Which ones exactly ?
>
>You should be able to run VLC from anywhere you want but it might be that
>you are missing some required dlls.
>
>--
>Gildas

Hi Gildas,

If I copy everything to Program Files/VLC, I get :

Cannot find 'vlc' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and
filename are correct and all the required libraries are available.

Not much for me to go one :(.

If I put if on an SDRam card under VLC/ it looks like it is starting, as
I see the wait cursor, but it never starts up and I must reset the AXIM
after a few minutes of waiting :(.

Are there obvious libs that I should be copying to the AXIM to run VLC?
I read the INSTALL.wince, but it looked to only pertain to compiling.

JES