[vlc] Re: Pocket PC Install

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Tue May 17 13:48:20 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 09:43, James MacLean wrote:

> If I copy everything to Program Files/VLC, I get :
>
> Cannot find 'vlc' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and
> filename are correct and all the required libraries are available.
>
> Not much for me to go one :(.
>
> If I put if on an SDRam card under VLC/ it looks like it is starting, as
> I see the wait cursor, but it never starts up and I must reset the AXIM
> after a few minutes of waiting :(.
>
> Are there obvious libs that I should be copying to the AXIM to run VLC?
> I read the INSTALL.wince, but it looked to only pertain to compiling.

Hmmm, it actually looks like a problem with the compiler toolchain we're
using.

We're compiling the PocketPC version of VLC with customized port of gcc (the
mainstream version is heavily broken when it comes to the arm-wince-pe
port). It looks like the port is still having issues.
I've updated the toolchain on my machine recently so I'll upload this new
one to the build machine in the hope that it will fix the problem.

Have a try at tomorrow's build and tell me if it works any better.

--
Gildas