[vlc] Installing VLC or Mandrake or other Linuxes that do not exactly VLC

Robert Yu bobbyyu3 at gmail.com
Sat May 21 18:55:01 CEST 2005

I'm talking about ones that probably need URPMI. In that case, the
following was shown what to input on the terminal:

   # urpmi libdvdcss2 libdvdplay0 wxvlc vlc-plugin-a52 vlc-plugin-ogg
vlc-plugin-mad

(Page Reference:  http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-mandrake.html)

Now it is interesting to see that most other distributions, Redhat and
Fedora do not have the trouble of involving the referring of multiple
files/libraries. Of course, I do not think anything should be changed
due to the work witnessed through Windows.

My questions are the following:

1. Please tell briefly what the libraries (libdvdcss2) stand for
2. If I just uprmi one library for each command, will it work?