[vlc] Re: Installing VLC or Mandrake or other Linuxes that do not exactly VLC

james manoflinux at gmail.com
Sat May 21 23:42:34 CEST 2005

I have installed VLC on mandrake and if you use URPMI its pretty painless.
otherwise its very painfull.

 On 5/21/05, Robert Yu <bobbyyu3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm talking about ones that probably need URPMI. In that case, the
> following was shown what to input on the terminal:
>
> # urpmi libdvdcss2 libdvdplay0 wxvlc vlc-plugin-a52 vlc-plugin-ogg
> vlc-plugin-mad
>
> (Page Reference: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-mandrake.html)
>
> Now it is interesting to see that most other distributions, Redhat and
> Fedora do not have the trouble of involving the referring of multiple
> files/libraries. Of course, I do not think anything should be changed
> due to the work witnessed through Windows.
>
> My questions are the following:
>
> 1. Please tell briefly what the libraries (libdvdcss2) stand for
> 2. If I just uprmi one library for each command, will it work?

"This is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people no
longer. It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for
corporations."
Rutherford B. Hayes (U.S. President 1877-81)